Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dumping Pool Water

1. Back To Top    #1

Dumping Pool Water

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, I had to dump some water after a heavy rain behind my hedges, there is an oak tree about 10 feet from where I dumped the water, it didn't hurt the grass or hedges, but the tree started dropping yellow leaves, like it was going into winter time, but I'm in Florida and it's July. Is it possible the tree roots picked up the pool water and is now reacting to it? Thanks for the help..
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Jandy Automation /w IAqualink
    Autopilot SWG
    Jandy 2.0 HP VSP, Filter Cartridge
    Taylor (FAS-DPD K-2600, Pool Surface: Plaster

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dumping Pool Water

I backwash into a overgrown gully area on the side of my yard and it doesn't appear to have ever hurt anything there.
    Any other oak trees in the area showing signs of disease?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I water lawns, flowers, palm trees, and even a Camphor Laurel tree with pool water and I've never seen any adverse reactions.

The tree could be diseased, or you overwatered it and it's drowning.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    I water lawns, flowers, palm trees, and even a Camphor Laurel tree with pool water and I've never seen any adverse reactions.

The tree could be diseased, or you over watered it and it's drowning.
    LOL could be drowning, here in Florida with rain everyday....I'll check other trees in my community...good to know that pool water should not hurt my wife's plants..

Thanks everyone....pool looking great...
    13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Autopilot SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Odds are that the tree is simply over-watered and will recover on its own when it gets a chance to dry up a little. I have a willow that does the same thing every year. Don't sweat it.
    New Pool: 22 x 35 | StoneScape Mini - Midnight Blue | ~17,500 gallons | Jandy Equipment - Built spring 2015 (click for details and pictures)
    Old Pool: 16 x 30 | QuartzBrite | 14,000 gallons | Pentair Equipment - Built summer of 2013 (click for details and pictures)

6. Back To Top    #6

My lemon tree was starting to do it also..

I just ran 60 ft of pipe to run it to the street, then into the storm drains.

13,000 Gal Pool & Spa
    Autopilot SWG