Stenner Pump not drawing liquid

May 2, 2013
Dallas area
Hello Everyone - I have a stenner pump that will not draw the liquid to pump. The liquid is in a 5 gal carboy and the pump is about 1 ft above that. I am using Teflon taped threaded connections to connect to the pump tube. I am using a #1 tube. The pump will draw liquid if I raise it above or close to the pump head. When I put the container back down I see a bubble appear on the liquid entrance side of the pump. The liquid is being pumped downstream from my filter so it is on the low pressure side. The threaded connections connecting to the pump tubing have 1/4" quick disconnects on the other side. I am using 1/4" OD polyethylene flexible tubing in the push quick disconnect fitting. What are your thoughts of this type of connection? Do they leak a little air? Is there a change that the pump is not totally self priming with the smallest tube in the pump head? This would also mean I cannot count on the dosing rate.

Anthony

Make sure the fittings on the inlet side are inserted all the way, might have an air leak which would result in no prime condition.
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Those pumps such a small volume that any air leak will prevent it from pumping. You shouldn't use anything on the fitting except the nut and ferrule that's designed for it. I would remove the tubing and clean off all the t-tape and remake the connections.

The nuts only need to be good hand tightened.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.