Filter Cleaner in Pool

joe58

Jul 6, 2014
Tivoli, NY
Hi,
Am new to this forum and we had a mishap this morning with Baquacil chemicals. What was thought to be a container with Baquacil Sanitizer was actually Baquacil DE and Cartridge Filter Cleaner. About 8 ounces of cleaner got poured into the pool. It is a 24 foot wide above ground pool with what I am told is around 13,000 gallons of water. Is there a way to make the water safe again short of draining it? It was a silly thing to do and I am hoping that my swimming season hasn't been ruined.

Thanks,
Joe

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I cannot imagine much serious harm. I would wait 'til the AM and talk with the baqua folks about your next steps.

We are not a baqua forum so may not give much meaningful advice as the company would.

Thanks for your reply. I did do an online chat with the folks at Baquacil, and the gentleman too did not think that much harm would have been done. If anything he thought that maybe the alkalinity may have been thrown off a bit. But he was unsure so took my email address and was going to check with the Technical Services Department and email me back tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for your reply,

Joe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.