Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I didn't notice explicit bonding wires attached to the rebar

1. Back To Top    #1

I didn't notice explicit bonding wires attached to the rebar

Hi,
    We are in the process of building and the gunite is in already - I never heard the PB talk about bonding. I didn't notice explicit bonding wires attached to the rebar before they put the gunite in. Can the pool be bonded after gunite? Our gunite was just applied - no electric work yet. The rebar is still sticking out around the lip of the pool perimeter so I am assuming bonding wire can be attached to the exposed rebar. The electrician has yet to come and I would like to insist the pool be bonded if it is still possible.
    Thanks!
    ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ___________________
    25K GAL, IG, Spa, Diamond Brite Oyster Quartz, Ozone, Pentair: CCP420, IntelliFlo, MasterTemp 400K BTU, Easy Touch Wireless, IntelliBrite LEDs, TF-100, Build 7/2014

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I didn't notice explicit bonding wires attached to the rebar

As long as there is still exposed rebar the bonding can be connected. Bonding is normally done by the electrician. If an electrician hasn't been out yet then they will presumably take care of it when they show up.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School