Trichlor sanitizer

The crews are coming to finish (plaster) my new pool tomorrow. The equipment we have been sold includes a Nature2® Fusion Inground sanitizer. Having spent hours reading the information on this site over the past few days it seems that this is not a good choice.

I have purchased the TF 100 and will test but should I consider bypassing the unit altogether and using the TFP method? I understand that CYA levels will be increasing as a result of using the trichlor tabs but I am not excited at the prospect of spending more for a chlorine delivery system having just spent lots of money on the new pool, equipment, landscaping, fences, etc.

First pool, no chemistry since college, lots to learn.

I have read pool school several times and spent time reading many threads. Great web site.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome to TFP!

We do recommend using trichlor for the first four or five weeks after fresh plaster is applied. But we do not recommend using trichlor for the long term. Trichlor is constantly adding CYA to the water, which will eventually get too high and cause problems.

With your TF100 test kit and the Pool Math calculator, you will be able to first calculate then actually measure when your CYA has risen to the recommended levels while using trichlor. At that point you want to switch to a chlorine source that does not add stabilizer (CYA).

If the Nature system has not yet been installed, you may be able to have it exchanged for something else. Perhaps an automatic trichlor tablet feeder, so that you will have that choice for those first few weeks and when you go on vacations. Any chance that the pool can handle a SWG? Some choices for equipment may matter for potential salt water corrosion or salt water damage to stone works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.