New pool in spring, equipment in basement?

br1ght

LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Jun 18, 2014
International Falls, MN
After maintaining 2 commercial pools for several years and having our own softsided pool for 6 years, I am planning on putting in a large oval OG spring 2015 (at least a 18x33). Living up here in The Nation's Icebox I'm thinking of installing the pump and filter on our basement next to our sump hole. I would keep our NG heater poolside.

So my question is what are the disadvantages to doing this and is there any equipment changes I'd need to make to the standard AG pool packages because of being below the pool (the pump and filter would be 4 ft bellow grade and about 20 feet from the pool).

The only significant change from normal is that you will want valves on both the suction and return lines near the equipment, so you can turn off the water when servicing the equipment. The extra distance will lower your flow rate a little, but that is unlikely to be a problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.