Do I need a new Aquarite t-cell15?

Jul 6, 2014
Syracuse NY
The Salt level in my pool is at 3500 (tested by several pool stores). When I recalibrate my salt level through the automatic chlorinator to match this, I can generate chlorine but my salt level slowly drops until it goes below 2700 and then stops producing chlorine. My cell is about 6 years old and I have cleaned it a couple of times but I still can't get the salt level to sustain a correct reading for more than 12 hours. I've also noticed that my cell voltage is at 27.1 while producing chlorine but the current continually drops and then settles below 1 (currently 0.83).
Is it time to replace my cell or is something else going on?
Maybe a bad component on the board?
Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

It does very much sound like your cell is wearing out. Those are exactly the symptoms I would expect to see when a cell is starting to fail. Some pool stores are able to test the cell to confirm this if you want additional confirmation. There is nothing here that suggests a problem with the control box circuitry.

The only other obvious possibility is that all of the " several pool stores" were wrong about the salt level and it is actually low. However that seems unlikely.

Welcome to TFP!

It does very much sound like your cell is wearing out. Those are exactly the symptoms I would expect to see when a cell is starting to fail. Some pool stores are able to test the cell to confirm this if you want additional confirmation. There is nothing here that suggests a problem with the control box circuitry.

The only other obvious possibility is that all of the " several pool stores" were wrong about the salt level and it is actually low. However that seems unlikely.

I thought about that but had it tested at 3 stores and all of them came up with a similar number. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and spring for a new cell.
Thanks for your help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.