Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I need a new Aquarite t-cell15?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I need a new Aquarite t-cell15?

The Salt level in my pool is at 3500 (tested by several pool stores). When I recalibrate my salt level through the automatic chlorinator to match this, I can generate chlorine but my salt level slowly drops until it goes below 2700 and then stops producing chlorine. My cell is about 6 years old and I have cleaned it a couple of times but I still can't get the salt level to sustain a correct reading for more than 12 hours. I've also noticed that my cell voltage is at 27.1 while producing chlorine but the current continually drops and then settles below 1 (currently 0.83).
    Is it time to replace my cell or is something else going on?
    Maybe a bad component on the board?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Do I need a new Aquarite t-cell15?

Welcome to TFP!

It does very much sound like your cell is wearing out. Those are exactly the symptoms I would expect to see when a cell is starting to fail. Some pool stores are able to test the cell to confirm this if you want additional confirmation. There is nothing here that suggests a problem with the control box circuitry.

The only other obvious possibility is that all of the " several pool stores" were wrong about the salt level and it is actually low. However that seems unlikely.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Do I need a new Aquarite t-cell15?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion View Post
    Welcome to TFP!

It does very much sound like your cell is wearing out. Those are exactly the symptoms I would expect to see when a cell is starting to fail. Some pool stores are able to test the cell to confirm this if you want additional confirmation. There is nothing here that suggests a problem with the control box circuitry.

The only other obvious possibility is that all of the " several pool stores" were wrong about the salt level and it is actually low. However that seems unlikely.
    I thought about that but had it tested at 3 stores and all of them came up with a similar number. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and spring for a new cell.
    Thanks for your help.