Messed up - cloudy pool - UPDATED

Re: Messed up.- now my water is cloudy!

Ok. Got my test kit. Here are the results:

FC - 17

CC - 0

pH - 6.8 (is this accurate when the Cl is that high?)

TA - 60

CYA - 20-30

CH - 100

Pool is clearing VERY slowly.

What next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Retest the pH. If it really does test at 6.8, then it is actually a little lower than that, based on the high FC.

If you confirm the low pH, you should halt the SLAM and let the FC drop below 10. Retest and adjust pH to 7.2ish and then resume SLAM.

Ok. Tested my FC last night and this morning and it didn't move. 13.5. Pool is definitely clearing, but still cloudy. I can now make out the pattern of the liner about 5' down

What am I supposed to do now?

Keep SLAMing until you pass the three criteria that determines the SLAM is done. See red lines in my sig. :smile:

Thanks, butterfly - will do!

Another little question, do I shoot for the exact shock level or do you typically go a little high so that it can come down a bit and still be at shock level? Looks like I'm shooting for about 10-12ppm, so should I shoot for 15 when I shock it?

Looking SO forward to a TFP!

Ok, we're getting there! Everything is dead, but needs time to filter out. I can see bottom of deep end now. Eagerly awaiting "sparkling" water!

avy7a4y7.jpg
sy2ute3a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.