Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Umbrella holders not holding umbrellas snugly?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pflugerville, TX

Umbrella holders not holding umbrellas snugly?

So we bought some umbrellas today to go in our 3 umbrella holder ports that were put into the deck when the pool was built.

Like these:

Today we set two of them up to see how they'd look for my daughters pool/birthday party next Saturday and they were ok. We had a little wind today and I guess a gust came through and blew an umbrella out of the holder (and into the pool). The whole crank mechanism ended up in the saltwater pool too. I'm a bit worried it'll fail prematurely now.

The umbrellas we got were this style:

How can I make these more snug or prevent them from blowing out of the holder? These do me no good as of now.
    13,000 gallons w/ spa (in-ground) | Plaster pool surface
    2.5HP Jandy Stealth Pump | CL580 Filter | Polaris 480 Pro w/ Halcyon Pump | 400,000 BTU Jandy LT | Jandy Aquapure 3PPM | Jandy PS4

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW PA

Re: Umbrella holders not holding umbrellas snugly?

Mindflux, You can not use umbrellas on windy days. I have 3 umbrellas around my pool and if it's pretty windy, I can not use them. On very hot calm days, they are nice.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Las Vegas

For the one that fell in the pool, if you feel comfortable with doing it, disassemble the crank assembly and rinse, rinse, rinse with clear water. The salt can lead to corrosion.
    12000 Gallon IG Plaster built 2/15/2014. Jandy 340 sg ft 127 gpm filter, Jandy 1 HP stealth pump. Circupool RJ-45 SWG (overkill). TF-100 with Speed Stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

We have umbrella holes in our deck as well. Our PB advised us to go get some PVC pipes to put in the holes and put our umbrellas in those. It helped keep our umbrellas more secure. Hubby didn't like the look so we spray painted the pipes the color of poles

In ground, 15x27, 80 feet perimeter, 3'6 to 5 feet deep, 9,600 gallons, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, Jandy VSP, Jandy DE 60, Jandy LXI, Nature 2 Ozone, 2 pool LED lights, 1 Spa LED light pebble tech aqua blue. Frisco,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In Ground 15X27 80 ft perimeter; 3'6 to 5' depth; 9600 gallons; 2 skimmers; 6 returns; Jandy VSP; 2 pool LED lights; 1 spa pool light; pebble tech aqua blue, North Texas build complete April 2014