Keep shocking?

Crzyfrlss1 said:
The way I understand it from all the reading on here is....

Keep shocking until your CC is 0.5 or less.
For me shock level would be around 14 ppm FC or CL
YMMV :mrgreen:

My CC is less than 0.5 when I add the R-0003 stuff in doing the CL/dt, water remains clear. I am also not sure of my CYA level. Last check it was 30ppm, so I added CYA to bring it to 50ppm. So my shock level for CYA level of 30 would be about 12 and for 50 it would be about 20. A little over where I am at now. But I suppose I would rather be a tad over than under. Pool looks a lot better this morning. A little cloudy, but the green is gone from under the steps.

You should shock, but verify your CYA test number, and then shock to the appropriate target, no reason to overshoot and put in extra bleach, costing you more money. (Are you out of CYA reagent?) But yeah, that's a 2.5 loss overnight, so shock again tonight and test again in the morning.

frustratedpoolmom said:
You should shock, but verify your CYA test number, and then shock to the appropriate target, no reason to overshoot and put in extra bleach, costing you more money. (Are you out of CYA reagent?) But yeah, that's a 2.5 loss overnight, so shock again tonight and test again in the morning.

I have enough CYA regent for 1 more test. I just ordered some more from Dave last night, so hopefully it will get here quick. At 30 CYA it told me to add 46 oz of stabilizer, to get to 50ppm but I only added 32 oz. to make sure I didn't overshoot. I'll test it tomorrow morning and see where it's at.

Laura,

Chem geek says we are done shocking when we meet these three criteria:

The process is complete when:
A. You hold FC loss to 1.0 or less overnite
B. Your CC's test .5 or less
C. Your water is sparkling

You know, we BBBer's are really into 'C' 8)

Thanks for all the help everyone! Pool is looking much better. Almost back to normal, so I hope this last "shock" tonite will do the trick.

Last question. At what level of CL ppm is it safe for the kids to go swimming??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We just had a knock out pour down rain.. Just tested the CL levels and they are at 12.5 and CC .5 should I go ahead and add more bleach or think I would be ok to wait and shock tomorrow night since we are having a pool party all day tomorrow with a bunch of kids? Pool isn't sparkly clear, but much better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.