Difficulty adapting the Intex 635T pump output to PVC

Apr 8, 2013
Battle Creek, MI
Not sure which section of the forum to post this, but I'll start here. I have been plumbing a second circulation system for our pool, hoping to utilize some cast-off parts to save money going through the gas heater. I have a pair of Sungrabber 2'x20' solar panels that I've put on a flat roof near the pool (but far enough away from my Hayward pump that I didn't want to use it to lift the water that high), and I wanted to use the Intex 635T pump (rated at 1,500 GPH) to go 9 feet up and about 30 feet over to the far end of the panels. I have the Carlin box adapter that many have used to adapt the Intex fittings to PVC, and in fact it worked well coming out of the Intex valve at the swimming pool. My problem is adapting the output of the 635T back to PVC. The Carlin adapter is not narrow enough inside diameter to engage the O-ring on the pump outlet, which is what forms the watertight seal. And that outlet has the crappy partial-thread male connection that just starts to strip from the Intex nut over the adapter if you attempt to over-tighten it.

I don't have much room to work with, as I have the box adapter glued directly into a check valve, which goes right into a T for the bypass up to the solar panels on the roof. If anyone has come up with a fix for this I'd sure appreciate hearing from you. My next suggestion will be to go out a find an O-ring that is much thicker but will still fit into the groove on the Intex outlet stub. Any attempt to use some sort of washer at the flange of the adapter just prevents the Intex nut from going onto the lousy threads far enough. I'm crossing my fingers that somebody has the answer ...:scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.