Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wrinkles around main drain

1. Back To Top    #1

Wrinkles around main drain

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question.

Had my pool for about 7 years and about 2 years ago I noticed these wrinkles around my two main drains in the deep end. Not sure exactly when or how this happened. I did get a few wrinkles in the middle of the pool after Hurricane Sandy (I am in NJ), but I don't think it was from that storm.

I am not having any issues with water leaking or any other problems. Should I be concerned about this? It looks exactly the same on around both Main drains.

Thanks,
    Joe

Attachment 31396
    20,000 gal, In-Ground (built in 2007)
    Vinyl lining / 1HP Hayward SuperPump / Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter / Hayward Gas Heater / Liquid Chlorine,Bleach (4 Gallon Liquidator)
    Dohney Discovery Robot
    Testing Method: TFTestkits/TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wrinkles around main drain

That means the liner floated at some point. It is unsightly but won't really cause any significant problems.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks JasonLion I feel better knowing that now.
    20,000 gal, In-Ground (built in 2007)
    Vinyl lining / 1HP Hayward SuperPump / Hayward Pro-Grid DE Filter / Hayward Gas Heater / Liquid Chlorine,Bleach (4 Gallon Liquidator)
    Dohney Discovery Robot
    Testing Method: TFTestkits/TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

I have this exact same issue, except when we moved into the house in 2007, the previous owner threw in dichlor and did not mix it first. It actually made the liner weak since then and then with flooding in the area the liner floated as Jason stated and now the whole base has big wrinkles in it. Nothing you can do really. I plan to replace the liner in the next 2-3 years anyway, but really need to be careful when vacuuming around those wrinkles so that it doesn't puncture the liner itself. I think that if the previous owner used some common sense, this would not have happened and the liner would be stronger to handle the higher water table.

Next time we replace liner, the whole bottom is going to be redone with vermiculite which is another thing they did not do correctly when putting in the current liner.

What you have is very minor and I would not worry about this at all.
    Chad R.

POOL SIZE: 16 x 32' Vinyl lined pool. 22,000 gallons. 8' deep. 2009 Hayward 1.5 HP Super Pump. Hayward S310S 30" 500 lb Sand filter. 1 skimmer and 2 returns. Solar Blanket.

Pics of my pool: http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn312/reindeerboy/