Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question.

Had my pool for about 7 years and about 2 years ago I noticed these wrinkles around my two main drains in the deep end. Not sure exactly when or how this happened. I did get a few wrinkles in the middle of the pool after Hurricane Sandy (I am in NJ), but I don't think it was from that storm.

I am not having any issues with water leaking or any other problems. Should I be concerned about this? It looks exactly the same on around both Main drains.

Thanks,
Joe

View attachment 31396

I have this exact same issue, except when we moved into the house in 2007, the previous owner threw in dichlor and did not mix it first. It actually made the liner weak since then and then with flooding in the area the liner floated as Jason stated and now the whole base has big wrinkles in it. Nothing you can do really. I plan to replace the liner in the next 2-3 years anyway, but really need to be careful when vacuuming around those wrinkles so that it doesn't puncture the liner itself. I think that if the previous owner used some common sense, this would not have happened and the liner would be stronger to handle the higher water table.

Next time we replace liner, the whole bottom is going to be redone with vermiculite which is another thing they did not do correctly when putting in the current liner.

What you have is very minor and I would not worry about this at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.