Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: omg, I don't know what to do...

1. Back To Top    #1

Exclamation omg, I don't know what to do...

...with all of my free time since TFP has given me my 3rd summer with near perfect nearly maintenance free water! LOL

Just wanted to re-thank everyone for all the goodness and saving me from my first 2 years of AGP headaches.

The only problem so far this summer (weather aside) is a dead swg cell. $30 later and I'm back in business!

Intex UltraFrame 14'x48in - 3,900 gallons. Intex 1600 GPH combo Sand Filter/SWG Hard Plumbed w/Hayward skimmer, suction & return. Borates.
    And... 15k gallon kidney shaped gunite 1975 vintage. Hayward DE3620 filter + Hayward 750 pump.
    TF100 Test Kit | Pool School | Pool Math

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: omg, I don't know what to do...

You can answer some of the questions here to help fill your time.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

We always welcome help from those who know that TFPC works!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, true. Long time lurker, infrequent poster.
    Intex UltraFrame 14'x48in - 3,900 gallons. Intex 1600 GPH combo Sand Filter/SWG Hard Plumbed w/Hayward skimmer, suction & return. Borates.
    And... 15k gallon kidney shaped gunite 1975 vintage. Hayward DE3620 filter + Hayward 750 pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Was the SWG cell a replacement part available from intex?

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes. Ordered directly from intexcorp.com. shipping cost was reasonable.

I didnt order the whole cell, which they do offer, just the guts. See links below.

For 16" (2659gph) swg combo and some stand alone swg it is $47. http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/r...tem/11374.html

For 14"(1600 gph) and some stand alone swg it is $38. http://www.intexcorp.com/index.php/r...tem/11389.html

My system would beep low salt. I tested using aquacheck salt strips (plus I know my math was right) and sure enough salt was fine. I went ahead and added more just to see if the cell was losing sensitivity hoping it just had a new lower threshold. No luck. Even in the minutes before the alarm would trip, no tiny bubbles. Cell had no visible calcium deposits, but I cleaned it anyway. No luck.

New cell plates = working like new. No alarm, lots of bubbles, FC back to target with my old run schedule. Yay!

7. Back To Top    #7

Sorry to hijack but I just want to add a huge thanks to TFP!! My pool water is clearer and more inviting than my parents pool ever was while I was growing up. Thank you all

8. Back To Top    #8

I'll third that lol. Plus I will add, I thought my pool water was clear after converting from baquacil last season to this method, but I just added borates to the pool Thursday and WOW, I am amazed at the detail I can see at the bottom of my pool. I am kind of a perfectionist (not quite ocd lol), but now that I can see how rough the bottom is and how many crevices and small craters there are I am going to have to replace the liner next year and smooth out the bottom. Liner is due anyway as it is the original and 14 years old.

This site truly is a lifesaver.....okay overkill, but a definite stress reducer and money saver!!!!

I encourage anyone that hasn't already to take the time to become a lifetime member to help with expenses. Considering what everyone is saving in chemical costs, it's a real bargain.

Glenn
    6500 gal above ground Doughboy with 200lb sand filter and solar panel heater. Converted from Baqua to BBB and never looking back!!