Middle Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have read several posts regarding normal evaporation but couldn't find anything regarding normal evaporation due to waterfall use. Yesterday it was low 80's, breezy, low humidity and sunny. I had the waterfall on for about 8- 9 hours and The water level went down about 1". Is this normal normal evaporation?

I'm going to lean towards no. I left my waterfalls on for 6+hrs, while heating my pool one day. Drop in level was negligible. of course this may not be an apples to apples comparison.

If it is breezy you may loose more water as it is blown away from the pool in waterfall mode. The best way to check is to run the bucket test for evaporation. Run it twice, once with the waterfall on and once with it off and compare results.

That does not sound normal to me. I run my two waterfalls every day. As of yesterday evening I had been running for 42 hours straight after adding salt. In addition to the two waterfalls I was also running a sprinkler off one of the return jets to cool the water down. No noticeable drop in the water level. Take Zeas advice and run the bucket test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.