Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Been busy this summer, wanted to post BBB works!

1. Back To Top    #1

Been busy this summer, wanted to post BBB works!

It's been a BUSY summer so far, but I wanted to give BBB another plug. My pool has been through a lot so far this season, and thanks to what I've learned here (and my TF100!) I've had NO trouble this season. I've been away for a few days at a time, I brought the water to shock level or just below and left the solar cover on. When I got home I just vacuumed whatever settled, and enjoyed warm, clear water. My PH & TA haven't gotten away from me like they used to in years past, I understand the relationship between CYA & FC levels, and how to manage them appropriately. Even a hurricane couldn't throw me off course, even if it did lower my CYA. Thanks to this site I knew what to expect from it and how to deal with it. If I had any spare cash I'd become a supporter, but times are tight right now. I figured this might be the next best thing.

Many thanks to the site owners, contributors, sponsors and posters!
    Intex Ultra Frame 18' X 48" 7600 +/- gallons
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    TF100 test kit- Money WELL spent (best thing I've ever bought for the pool)
    Leisure bay hot tub

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Been busy this summer, wanted to post BBB works!

Sounds like you've graduated from Pool School with honors.

It is amazingly easy once you take the time to test and understand, isn't it?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Just wanted to drop in and show what went into my pool this year.

78 bottles of 12.5% chlorine, and 1pound of tricolor because I needed more cya a while back. No algae blooms, lots of pollen, but nothing too troublesome. The worst thing has been watching the water temperature dropping. I'm not finished with summer yet.

4. Back To Top    #4

78 bottles? How big is your pool?
    20k Gallon IG Vinyl Pool - 19 x 34 Rectangle - 3ft to 6ft depths

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Please take the time to fill in your "signature" with your pools info as outlined here - - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/conte...etting-started
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Mine is filled out. No idea why it doesn't appear if I post from my phone.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Big_kid View Post
    Mine is filled out. No idea why it doesn't appear if I post from my phone.
    I'm on my phone and I can see your info. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm not on a phone and I don't see any signature info for Big_kid. Strange.

If I assume 2 ppm FC per day for 4 months, then 78 gallons of 12.5% chlorinating liquid would imply 28,000.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

9. Back To Top    #9

I have a muddy yard and active kids, the water sees a lot of leaves and debris. As listed in my signature (weird, I see it in my original post at the top of the thread but not posts from my phone) my pool is 7600 gallons. I also use it in the hot tub. (hindsight, I should have mentioned that earlier)

I just noticed- on the PC there is a check box at the lower left of the reply box that gives the option to show my signature or not. I don't recall seeing it when posting from my phone.
    Columbia 50 LB sand filter/ HP pump, $$ WELL spent(2nd best thing bought for the pool)
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Leisure bay hot tub

10. Back To Top    #10

How are you posting from your phone? When I post from Tapatalk, my forum signature still shows up (this is NOT the Tapatalk signature).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

This site is so informative and I love the way it is modified by the moderators. Although I've had quite a few mechanical problems with my filtration this year, I know I would've spent many more dollars had I not had the helpful advice of this forum and its members. I've learned so much since becoming a member of this site. A huge thanks to Duraleigh and all that help!
    IG Pebbletec Blue Tahoe; Paddock Pool PCC 2000 pop-up; 22,275 gal 32' x 16' Diving with Auto-Fill
    Pentair 420 Cartridge filter; 3 hp VS Whisperflo Main Drain, 1 1/2 hp Whisperflo Running Pop-Ups; Jandy AquaPure 1400
    1 1/2 Whisperflo dedicated to Rock Waterfall; TF-100; Taylor K-1766; Pool Built in 1997

12. Back To Top    #12

This year I started with 44 gallons of Austin's 12%, I'm at the bottom of the last jug now. I gave away a few bottles, used a little in the hot tub, and as usual, it worked flawlessly.
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Leisure bay hot tub

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    How are you posting from your phone? When I post from Tapatalk, my forum signature still shows up (this is NOT the Tapatalk signature).
    If I access TFP from my phone, I just go to the website. I tried Taptalk but didn't like it.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop