Help with balancing levels

Good day everyone. I was hoping I could get some help with my pool. The water is clear but there is what I presume to be algae collecting on the bottom, sides and in the seams. It is greenie/brown in colour and when I sweep it, it mushrooms.

My levels tested by my K-2006 kit are

FC 6
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 120
CYA 65
Hardness....huge. I don't bother to test that often as I would go broke buying reagent.

I never seem to get any reading for CC...is that good or bad?

My ph is a tad low but my TA is high

I am guessing I will have to use the SLAM method to get rid of it but need to get my levels in order and am wondering where do I start?

Well... your CYA is a bit high for everyday and certainly higher than ideal for the Shock Level And Maintain process, but since the water is clear, it is feasible. If your CH is way high, you could lower both CYA and CH with a partial drain.

It just depends on how much of a hurry you're in. A partial drain will add a day or so, jumping straight into the SLAM could get you finished before the weekend is up. If you've got enough bleach and FAS-DPD reagent, you can start dumping jugs in right now. Your pH is perfect for the SLAM. The TA will push it up, and by the time it's all over, the pH will likely be right where you want it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.