mysterious tear

It looks small enough to patch, do you have the bits of patch material that came with the pool? If so all you need is some fresh PVC patch glue which you can typically find at Wal-Mart in patch kit for about $3. (there are better options out there, but the basic $3 walmart kit is ok)

The edges of the tear look regular and it is extremely close to the ground. I'd suspect wilful mischief.
+1
Or some sort of mischief... could have been someone taking a dunk in the pool with cowboy boots on; however, it really looks an awful lot like a knife/razorblade cut parallel to the ground and the the liner tore from the force of the water draining.

There are some large patch kit on the market too.

Contacted Intex and here's the deal. Intex needs a special number off of the receipt. Going online and printing off the purchase record from my bank will not work. They need the actual receipt. Since I lost my Wal Mart receipt for the pool, Wal Mart went back through there system to find my receipt. This only works if you bought it using a debit card (according to them). Once they found the receipt (miracle in itself) they printed me a copy. I then phoned Intex and read them some special number off the receipt I guess to verify the purchase. They are shipping me a new liner for free since the pool was only a month or so old. I have to cut up the old liner into 5 pieces and mail them to Intex. This must prevent from keeping a liner as backup. I guess this worked out for me this time.

... This only works if you bought it using a debit card (according to them).
Any purchase made with a debit card, credit card, or bank check can be traced by WalMart stores.

Do not let them tell you otherwise. The store where my folks live pulled purchases up for the past 90 days once for my Dad (very long story... )

The store look-up will not work for cash ( obviously (^_^) ) and most of the giftcard purchases... unless you kept the card then they can use the number on the back of the card... and for many of the stores, purchases over 90 days at the local level; however, they can request the regional/national clearing house to look up for longer periods. That is directly from the store manager that helped my Dad. We keep all of the gift cards the kids use just in case the receipt goes missing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.