Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: mysterious tear

1. Back To Top    #1

Question mysterious tear

IMG_3373.jpg

So i came outside this morning and noticed that my pool was drained. What the heck??????? Walked around and found this tear. How do I fix this or is it even worth trying? Do patches actually hold up to the water pressure?
    My pool info (according to pool box and paperwork)
    Pool - Intex round ultra frame pool 18x48 (Wal Mart) 6,423 gallons
    Pump - Krystal Clear Model 635T 1500gph w/ filter cartridge size 8" x 4.13"
    Aqua Chem Floater w/ 3" chlorinte tablets. Capacity - 4
    Installed and filled on 5/25/2014

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: mysterious tear

It looks small enough to patch, do you have the bits of patch material that came with the pool? If so all you need is some fresh PVC patch glue which you can typically find at Wal-Mart in patch kit for about $3. (there are better options out there, but the basic $3 walmart kit is ok)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

The edges of the tear look regular and it is extremely close to the ground. I'd suspect wilful mischief.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail K View Post
    The edges of the tear look regular and it is extremely close to the ground. I'd suspect wilful mischief.
    +1
    Or some sort of mischief... could have been someone taking a dunk in the pool with cowboy boots on; however, it really looks an awful lot like a knife/razorblade cut parallel to the ground and the the liner tore from the force of the water draining.

There are some large patch kit on the market too.
    Intex Ultraframe 14'x3.5-Round (4000ish-gal) AG - Vinyl - Intex 5667EG Sand Filter 1600gph :)
    ( retired: 637R Crtrge 1000gph someday it may have another life as a water fountain... or feet washer! Solar Water Heater? )

:mrgreen: Click here to Goto Pool School. :scratch: How Much Of What? Click Here - Poolcalculator.com :lookhere: TestKits

5. Back To Top    #5

Contacted Intex and here's the deal. Intex needs a special number off of the receipt. Going online and printing off the purchase record from my bank will not work. They need the actual receipt. Since I lost my Wal Mart receipt for the pool, Wal Mart went back through there system to find my receipt. This only works if you bought it using a debit card (according to them). Once they found the receipt (miracle in itself) they printed me a copy. I then phoned Intex and read them some special number off the receipt I guess to verify the purchase. They are shipping me a new liner for free since the pool was only a month or so old. I have to cut up the old liner into 5 pieces and mail them to Intex. This must prevent from keeping a liner as backup. I guess this worked out for me this time.
    My pool info (according to pool box and paperwork)
    Pool - Intex round ultra frame pool 18x48 (Wal Mart) 6,423 gallons
    Pump - Krystal Clear Model 635T 1500gph w/ filter cartridge size 8" x 4.13"
    Aqua Chem Floater w/ 3" chlorinte tablets. Capacity - 4
    Installed and filled on 5/25/2014

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by priester68 View Post
    ... This only works if you bought it using a debit card (according to them).
    Any purchase made with a debit card, credit card, or bank check can be traced by WalMart stores.

Do not let them tell you otherwise. The store where my folks live pulled purchases up for the past 90 days once for my Dad (very long story... )

The store look-up will not work for cash ( obviously (^_^) ) and most of the giftcard purchases... unless you kept the card then they can use the number on the back of the card... and for many of the stores, purchases over 90 days at the local level; however, they can request the regional/national clearing house to look up for longer periods. That is directly from the store manager that helped my Dad. We keep all of the gift cards the kids use just in case the receipt goes missing.
    Intex Ultraframe 14'x3.5-Round (4000ish-gal) AG - Vinyl - Intex 5667EG Sand Filter 1600gph :)
    ( retired: 637R Crtrge 1000gph someday it may have another life as a water fountain... or feet washer! Solar Water Heater? )

:mrgreen: Click here to Goto Pool School. :scratch: How Much Of What? Click Here - Poolcalculator.com :lookhere: TestKits