Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Doug from Indiana. AGP crushed by tree

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Doug from Indiana. AGP crushed by tree

I joined TFP about a year ago, to get my new AGP up and running with the least amount of effort and cost. I love and have used some of the advice found here. Last year the pool was enjoyable, and not a lot of work, thanks to the things I learned here. Fall closing didn't go as planned, ended up with lots of leaves, etc. in the pool. After a very long and very cold winter, I finally got it back in shape last week and took my first relaxing time in the pool. That night, a small storm came through and BAM! a large tree trunk section crushed the pool flat on one side. Insurance adjuster was quick, once I lit the fire under him. My clean up contractor removed the tree pool, and damaged equipment. His crew then set up the new pool and got it ready for water. Got done filling it yesterday, and when it warms back up, I will once again enjoy another new pool! I got the same pool, as it fits our needs well, and that is what the insurance paid for, minus a little for a year's depreciation. (Hope the check comes soon!) Enjoy your pool!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 4' 5k (2013)
    Sand, Intex SF15110, 1600 GPH
    SWG, Intex CS8110
    Clear solar cover
    Confer Plastics Evolution 7000 ladder

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Doug from Indiana. AGP crushed by tree

Ugh. That really bites. Glad you got it taken care of, and welcome back for year number 2!
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3

Thats my biggest fear. I have a HUGE oak tree prolly close to 100 yrs old in my backyard. I hate to cut it down but might not have a choice. If it ever comes down, or a big limb breaks, it's either going into my pool, my paito roof or destroy my storage building.

Glad your insurance company played nice.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Who would of thought of a tree in the pool. I am glad you got things back up and running so quickly.. I hope you get to enjoy the sparklicious pool for quite a while now. I mean what else could happen? Right?
    17500 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 7 Grandaughters and 1 Grandson swimming every week WooooHooo!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, I guess anything can happen when you add a pool to a lot with trees. So glad I don't have any around my pool, except that the neighbor has a huge pine about 30ft from our pool. Glad you got it covered and have a new one. Welcome back to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Insurance check came today. Had to have wife sign it too, and she did it while relaxing in the pool. Life is good!
    Intex Ultra Frame 16' x 4' 5k (2013)
    Sand, Intex SF15110, 1600 GPH
    SWG, Intex CS8110
    Clear solar cover
    Confer Plastics Evolution 7000 ladder

7. Back To Top    #7

Glad you got it!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter