Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Do I need this part?

1. Back To Top    #1

Do I need this part?

I was not getting any water flow into the pool and pressure was waaaay too high. Troubleshooting involved backwashing the DE filter and when that made no difference I then cleaned the filter. I noticed when I cleaned the filter that several panels were broken in spots and so replaced them. I put them back in and the pressure immediately went high again. I figured that a piece of the filter had gotten into the piping so I tried forcing air back through the return but that did not help. Finally I removed the directional jet and found a piece of filter that was completely blocking the jet. (This was loads of fun in the winter with water temps in the 40's) Question: Do I need to put this back?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    10000 gallon in-ground, kidney-shaped, plaster pool built in 1965. Original Nautilus NS-24 fDE filter, replacement Hayward RS 750 pump. Located in Houston, TX

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Do I need this part?

If it's OK with you that you no longer have that directional control, there is no reason to have the part here....you will do no harm.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School