Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I knew this was going to be bad...

1. Back To Top    #1

I knew this was going to be bad...

I made an earlier post about how I thought my pool builder was incompetent. Well guess what, I was right. He had a crew of people over to pour the pool floor and bond beam the other day. I was left with a mess. There are trowel marks everywhere, two separate concrete pours meeting on the ramp to the deep end and gaps where the steel meets the concrete. I'll post some pics. I was told the gaps would be filled. I don't see how it would be possible to fix the wavy floor without using a resurfacer. The floor was poured at 1.5 inches thick. Is there a way to fix this short of repouring? any suggestions? This project has been an absolute disaster since day 1. I haven't been able to sleep thinking about how bad this pool is coming out.
    When the pool was dug they hit ground water at about 7.5'. They dug deeper and put a little gravel in the hole with a sump pump. It would take about 24 hours to fill the hole with water without the pump on. They installed a line with a check valve when the pump was pulled and before the pool floor was poured. The line was hooked up to a pool pump. About 2 hours after the pour I noticed water coming up through the main drains. The pump was not pumping out the water. I called him and he told me to reprime the pump. I did and water started to flow out of the suction pipe for about 20 seconds before stopping again. I reprimed and the same thing happened. He said he was going to cut the line because it wasn't working. Now I have about 16" of water in the deep end with no way to suck it out. Doesn’t make sense to me. Is there a different pump that can be used to suck out the water under the pool floor? I am going to have a nervous breakdown any minute.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I knew this was going to be bad...

For some reason I'm unable to upload pics.

3. Back To Top    #3

To post more pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't see how your floor is 1&1/2" thick.

5. Back To Top    #5

It is not unusual to hit ground water with an in ground pool. This is not your pool builder's fault. He will find a way to get the ground water out. Why are you making this your problem? I think you need to let the pool builder handle this and stop stressing yourself out.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/...psebd6a41d.jpg
    http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/...ps58796203.jpg
    http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/...ps855badde.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by martinkennedy View Post
    I don't see how your floor is 1&1/2" thick.
    Thats what he poured the bottom and walls at. It's a vinyl liner pool not gunite

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by ocdconcrete View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what he poured the bottom and walls at. It's a vinyl liner pool not gunite
    Ok trying again... Use the IMG instead of the URL. My old eyes can't see those small pics from photobucket.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Ok trying again... Use the IMG instead of the URL. My old eyes can't see those small pics from photobucket.
    Now that you can see it do you think that's something that can be repaired? I don't see how that cold joint could ever look right with out being repoured. Maybe you could you use a diamond pad polishing pad to go over the entire pool floor?

9. Back To Top    #9

I can't help with the concrete stuff but i am your neighbor (delmar) ..... if you need any help with the testing etc let me know.

I play baseball at Bob Moore field in Collins Park regularly.
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner