Liner Repair

Aug 7, 2013
Hi All,

Was in the pool today on the shallow end. I noticed there is tear in my liner on the floor of the pool. The tear is with-in a 'dimple'/crater on the pool floor. The dimple is about the size of silver dollar. I ran to leslie and purchased their vinly repair kit.

I have a few questions before I start on this. Im kind of confused as to how this repair can be achieved without filling in the dimple. If I simply patch over the tear, wouldnt the patch soon get damaged, as there is nothing really supporting it. Is there a a way to fill in the the crater and then patch the tear with the repair kit?

thanks

There is no way to fill the dimple. Patch over it with 3 rounded patches, the first one covering it, the second and third being bigger than the last patch. It should hold for a long time. You may also ask a trusted family member to help you as you will need them to hold you under water with a foot on your back so you don't continually float to the top of the surface. It really helps! Believe me, I patched 17 holes in one year from an overly enthusiastic dog that had just learned to dive to the bottom of the pool. :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.