Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner Repair

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner Repair

Hi All,

Was in the pool today on the shallow end. I noticed there is tear in my liner on the floor of the pool. The tear is with-in a 'dimple'/crater on the pool floor. The dimple is about the size of silver dollar. I ran to leslie and purchased their vinly repair kit.

I have a few questions before I start on this. Im kind of confused as to how this repair can be achieved without filling in the dimple. If I simply patch over the tear, wouldnt the patch soon get damaged, as there is nothing really supporting it. Is there a a way to fill in the the crater and then patch the tear with the repair kit?

20,000 GAL, 16 X 32 IG Vinly Pool, Sand Filter, & 1.5 HP Hayward - Hot Spot Relay Hotub
    N. Mississippi.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Liner Repair

More than likely the dimple will work itself out, though that may depend on what kind of bottom is under your liner.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: Liner Repair

There is no way to fill the dimple. Patch over it with 3 rounded patches, the first one covering it, the second and third being bigger than the last patch. It should hold for a long time. You may also ask a trusted family member to help you as you will need them to hold you under water with a foot on your back so you don't continually float to the top of the surface. It really helps! Believe me, I patched 17 holes in one year from an overly enthusiastic dog that had just learned to dive to the bottom of the pool.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter