OCLT if heated to 85

FC did not change overnight, was 1 at dark and 1 at daylight. So with vitamin C test (neg) and chlorine tab test (neg) would appear just have old old old plaster. Thank you.

Where/how are you getting your test results?

Have K2005 and the TFP chlorine kit (Chlorine FAS/DPD)
latest are
FC 1
pH 7.6
TA 80
CH 250
CY 30

last 3 rarely change
am always adding bleach and acid, would be nice if did not have to add so often, I guess they "off gas"

bleach is cheap stuff 5.25% from the local hardware, am collecting too many empty bottles, recycle them all is painful

Your FC is too low to prevent algae. See the FC/CYA chart in Pool School. That FC is really too low to do the OCLT in my opinion.

True, I shoot for FC5. But I was away for two sunny days and woompf, it dropped to 1.

Not sure what to do when away as can't add jugs of bleach and the Rainbow is turned off. Maybe I need a liquid chlorine feeder.

Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) directions do not mention a lower limit for FC. But I will try it again at higher levels. Water and the walls look Ok.

The OCLT was written assuming you are trying to check if you are done with the SLAM process so your FC would be high. I would suggest raising your FC to around 10ppm and checking the OCLT. If yoy are going to be gone. You should raise the FC up to SLAM level and cover if possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The OCLT was written assuming you are trying to check if you are done with the SLAM process so your FC would be high. I would suggest raising your FC to around 10ppm and checking the OCLT. If yoy are going to be gone. You should raise the FC up to SLAM level and cover if possible.

got it, will test when FC higher
got it, will raise higher when I leave for a few days

but
last summer used chlorine tab feeder, now have moved to bleach
buy 5.25% bleach at local hardware
but would seem I will need 1.5 jugs / day; that is 45 / mo; at 6 per box that is 8 boxes / month transported and stored

there must be a better way to add liquid chlorine, liquid chlorine feeder?

good morning

as per jblizzle

I pumped FC up to do the OCLT

was 11 at 7:45 pm, 10 at 8:50 pm and 11 at 5am
pool is clear

would seem I do not have organics eating chlorine, is good

thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.