Bleach in skimmer

I've a cover on my pool too:

I've cut an old bleach jug open so that the top third is open; however the top and handle still work... like my g.ma used to do for cloths pins.

I lift part of the cover by the return and scoop out pool water to about 1/4 to half fill the jug

I dilute the few cups of bleach in that pool water and swirl to mix

I then push the jug with the diluted bleach into and under the cover and slowly tilt it thru the top opening where the cap would have been and direct it towards the jet.

Unless the experts here suggest it; I wouldn't normally add anything thru the skimmer in an undiluted state as there is a potential to degrade seals and other parts

I wouldn't normally add anything thru the skimmer in an undiluted state as there is a potential to degrade seals and other parts
That's really a good summation. Doing it another way (directly into the skimmer) once or twice probably will do virtually no harm. Repeating that practice year after year is simply not a good plan. It's a little more work to do it right but your equipment will thank you for it. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.