Hayward Super Pump

Jul 4, 2014
NY
Hello - So I just went through and replaced the gasket, impeller, seals, etc. via a maintenance/go kit. I used this video:
http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_to_replace_a_motor_shaft_seal.aspx
&
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#inbox/146c3a82b1cbddff

Which helped me every step of the way. Turned on the pump, still behaving the same. I had to work up enough water between the skimmer and drains/jets to get the pump to work, but the water is still coming out of the bottom pretty heavily, not dripping. It's more of a stream of water than a drip. Any ideas what I should try next? It's really hard to see where the leak is coming from since it's on the bottom, but it's definitely what seems like in the area of the bolts that connect the motor and stuff. Sorry I'm not so pool savvy. Any ideas?

I attached pictures so give an idea of the type of pump I'm using.

Thanks!IMG_2710.jpg

Given that it is leaking, yes taking it apart again seems like a good idea. Hopefully you can spot the problem area.

Jason - I did just that and I found the problem! It's actually a big crack on the bottom of the Housing Strainer. I figured this out while filling it with water again and noticing it leaking without the water running. So I unfastened it from all the connectors, pulled it right up, put it on a table, put water in it and there it was. After then removing the water and wiping the area dry, there was the problem. Wish I had figured this out in the first place! Would have saved me the money on the kit and lots of wasted time! LOL.. But now I know how to take apart this rig :cool:

Have a look at the crack in the attached image.image.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Really wasn't looking to buy new. I'm a renter and don't own the pool. My only responsibility is that the liner remains in tact. Honestly I'm going to try and fix it if I can. The crack isn't visible on the inside. What are some epoxy like products I should look at?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'll bet some JB Weld will fix it, if it's metal...which it looks like in the picture. They make several variations of it. Clean it REAL good, slather some on and let it cure fully.

Available at Lowes, HD or just about anywhere that has a hardware department.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.