Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Water Got Too Low - How to Purge the Air??

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Water Got Too Low - How to Purge the Air??

So the pool water was lower than we realized and a toy was able to block water flow into the deep end skimmer, allowing air into the lines. Can I continue to run the pump/filter (I can hear water sloshing in the filter) to purge the air or do I need to do something else? I've searched but can't seem to figure it out. I shut the pump/filter off when I noticed it but it probably ran for 2 hours like that...

Thanks for the help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Re: Pool Water Got Too Low - How to Purge the Air??

You need to top up your pool with water if you haven't already done so. Pool water level should be half the skimmer.

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, doing that now. Its about filled back where it should be. If I turn the pumps back on will it purge the air on its own?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by kamikinlaw View Post
    Yeah, doing that now. Its about filled back where it should be. If I turn the pumps back on will it purge the air on its own?
    We don't know -- you haven't filled out your signature.

If it's a sand filter with the valves on top, it will clear itself. Otherwise, there should be an air release somewhere on top that allows you to bleed out the air.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!