Gold line aquatrol reading High salt Help!!

Jul 3, 2014
Lynchburg/va
I am having problems with my generator. I relplaced my t cell early spring with a compupool cell (original had a crack in housing). Initially everything seemed fine. I added two bags of salt to my 16x32 54" pool. I have noticed that I keep getting a hi salt level reading, 4000, and the generator cuts off.....however I have a very minimal amount of a black substance in indenting in my liner. Not sure it is algae.... So I assume the generator is working at some point. However I drained water below the discharge and put in new water. Still getting 4000 reading. I took board out and looked at solder points hoping to find something on K1, but don't see any scorch marks and the solder points don't seem loose. In fact the board looks pristine. I am at a lose. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am not an electrician, so if I need to check circuits or resistors, I could see some instruction.

Thanks, Cindy

Welcome to TFP!

Those units will hold onto their old salt reading for up to 24 hours. Since it thinks salt is high, it won't try again until tomorrow. You can get an instant salt reading with the diagnostic button (see the manual) and use that to see if it is just caching the old reading, or it still thinks the level really is 4000. While in the diagnostic area, double check that the controller is setup for the correct cell type.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.