Leslie Pools Star Shock

May 23, 2014
Trenton, NJ
Hello, ever since having my pool installed and finding this site, I've been using Walmart bleach (8.25%) for chlorination. When I went to Leslie Pools the other day (for a small container of dry acid) I saw they have liquid chlorine. For $8 you got 2 gallons (256 ounces) of Star Shock, which is 12.5% sodium hypochlorite. I'm just wondering if there are any negatives to using this instead of bleach. I am basically questioning it because it is referred to as a shock and not liquid chlorine....however I think it's the sane thing, just marketed under different name. Thanks for the help.

sounds like a good deal to me. No reason not to use it.
You're right. Its the same thing as bleach with a higher concentration of sodium hypochlorite.

Hello, ever since having my pool installed and finding this site, I've been using Walmart bleach (8.25%) for chlorination. When I went to Leslie Pools the other day (for a small container of dry acid) I saw they have liquid chlorine. For $8 you got 2 gallons (256 ounces) of Star Shock, which is 12.5% sodium hypochlorite. I'm just wondering if there are any negatives to using this instead of bleach. I am basically questioning it because it is referred to as a shock and not liquid chlorine....however I think it's the sane thing, just marketed under different name. Thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.