Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ended up with a Pentair IC-60 cell that I don't need... Now what?

1. Back To Top    #1

Ended up with a Pentair IC-60 cell that I don't need... Now what?

Short story, a month ago I purchased the Pentair 521150 EasyTouch 8SC-IC60 system thinking that I would go with a SWG on our newly acquired 20'x40' IG pool. I have since learned alot and decided to not go the SWG route because I have an older metal wall vinyl pool w/ autocover. But I want to keep the EasyTouch 8 automation system. I have two choices:

1. Return the entire package back to, get my money back and turn around and purchase the EasyTouch 8 standalone system. Difference between the two is around $650.
    2. Keep the EasyTouch 8 system and sell the IC-60 cell for the difference to someone from this wonderful forum who needs a cell.

I would kind of feel like a dick returning a perfectly good open boxed item to amazon, but I will if I have to. Not one of the items has been hooked up or used, everything is still sitting in the box like it was the day I received the package.

I realize this isn't really a buy/sell forum, I'm just trying to get opinions on whether it would be feasible for me to try and sell the IC-60 cell alone. Thanks in advance!
    20'x40' rectangular in-ground vinyl
    31,300 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Ended up with a Pentair IC-60 cell that I don't need... Now what?

The cell can certainly be sold for a reasonable amount of money. Your best bet would be to try eBay.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Ashford, CT

Re: Ended up with a Pentair IC-60 cell that I don't need... Now what?

Return the package and get the right set up.

Amazon knows what to do with open box items.

Also your Easy Touch system with the IC system will have an integrated power supply for the salt water system that you do not need.
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro