Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward H400 ED1 Pilot

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward H400 ED1 Pilot

I have a Hayward H400 ED1 heater and it won't light. How can I tell if the pilot is on? I'm looking where it should be but I can't see it. Should I do this in the evening? Do I need to remove a panel to get a better look during the day?

thanks
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward H400 ED1 Pilot

Its hard to see. I use a mirror that is on a telescoping handle. They use them in automotive shops.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

a telescoping mirror, that sounds like a good idea. can you be a little more specific on how you use it?
    23K gallon, IG, Vinyl, Hayward DE-3600 Filter, Raypak 406A Heater, Hayward 1.5HP SP2610X15 pump aka AO Smith UST1152, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Extend it under by the pilot to see if it's lit.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,