SWG installed in late January of 2012 for 24K gallon pool.
In use with intellichem system.
- Pump on 12hrs/day, Intellichem active 11hrs/day, SWG running at 100% for about 30 minutes out of every hour on average (much less in winter, much more in summer)
- Have had SWG issues in past but always tracked down to dropping CYA levels or need to shock pool. Current CYA is ~75. Recently shocked and CC levels are minimal.
- Have had to manually add chlorine every few days for last 3-4 weeks, increasing SWG run time does not seem to help currently running 100% for about 55 minutes out of every hour.
- FC seems to drop up to 20% per day
- Intellichem acid dosage has been markedly less than normal over last month due to dropping p/h which I believe is associated with chlorine being burned off by the sun.
- SWG status lights are all normal
- SWG reports salt level of ~3800 (it is usually accurate, and I generally only add 1 bag salt when it reads < 3400 for several days in a row)
- Bubbles are coming out of pool returns when swg is active, but I think they might be about double/triple the normal size -- not small fine bubbles as I remember
- I had my son do a chlorine test where he checked away from returns and directly above the returns, he reported almost identical FC levels - will verify again soon.
- Our filter is a quad de 100, It normally needs cleaning annually, it just reached that point and I haven't gotten around to it yet- not sure if that could be causing issue. Flow GPM is ~30 now, 35-40 when solar heating is on. GPM drop rather than pressure change is normal sign of needing cleaning, we're running 2-5gpm less than normal now.