Looking for a vac any advice

Jun 25, 2014
Newark Tx
Looking for a auto vac that will work with 1600gph max flow on a vinyl 20x52 ag ? So many sales pitches and been burned by pool store salesmen. I've seen plenty that state 1600gph min flow rate will they still work just slower? Any recommendations? Or knowledge to share? Or should I quit being lazy and just get the manual head with poles and hose and do it myself manually? Just convienance of hooking it up and coming home to a clean swim ready pool sounds super!
Currently I use a Venturi vac that hooks to a water hose and blows debri into a catch bag which is great for larger debri but if I hit dirt pile it just blows thru the bag and floats around till either it gets sucked into filter or settles back down on the bottom. Any input appreciated

If you're looking for an auto vac, you will have to do some modifications on your intex pool. You can check the Above Ground Pool Forum for all the info you could ever dream of when it comes to Intex Modifications.

Welcome to TFP.

Have you considered a robot ? They are completely independent of your pool filtration system, so you wont have to worry about getting the correct flow rate out of your pump.
I just got a new robot am I am thrilled with it. I wanted an easy to use auto pool vac that "anyone" (wife,kids) in the house could throw in the pool and get the vacuuming done, and didn't feel comfortable with just "anyone" messing about with the filter system. Just throw it into the pool and plug it in, then it goes to work. After its done, I just need to clean the filter bag ......... kind of a pain but its better than spending 1-2 hours manual vacuuming the pool. I clean the filter for about 2 minutes and its ready for the next time.
Robots (like pressure or vac cleaners) can be big bucks or you can find a cheaper one. I settled on a sub $500 robot and I love it. For an AG pool you can find one for even less if you need too.

Good luck !

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.