Do I need to SLAM or OCLT tonight?

I'm new to forum and SWG. I installed Hayward SwimPure Plus with Tcell-15 last week. I've been watching CL levels closely. Today is first sunny hot day in a while and I checked CL at 5PM and got FC 3ppm and CC 2ppm. Last nights readings at 8PM were FC 6.5 and CC 0.5. I'm pretty sure my FC never dropped below 2ppm today. Min FC is 2ppm (@ CYA-50). Water is otherwise clear, but I assume its too early to see any green.

My question is should I SLAM the pool tonight because CC-2.0 level is high, or should I just do the OCLT tonight, and do SLAM tomorrow if I fail?

p.s. I'm working my CYA up to 75, but I assume that is not the issue here.

" I'm working my CYA up to 75" What is your CYA now if you are "working up"? If you are at 30 or above you have already let your FC drop below where it should be. CC 2 says something is in there.

I haven't looked for any of your previous posts, so if you don't already have one, you will need to pick up one of the recommended test kits.

If you have posted about this before, plese try to keep everything in one thread so we can follow what is happening.

I sya you need to SLAM, even if it ends up being a short one....

If you have a CC of 1 or more, you need to SLAM the pool. There is no sense in waiting and doing an OCLT when you have 1CC and let the FC drop to far down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, I had the SWG off and the filter on. Readings were taken both at night and again in the morning.

All seems to be fine now. I think now I just have to get the SWG dialed in. I ran unit at 80% for 8 hours (normal run time 11am-7pm) today and FC was tonight at 9.0 CC-0.5. Based on my estimates from PoolMath, FC could never have dropped below 5.5 today. That would seem to be comfortably in the middle of the goal range suggested by PoolMath of 4-11.

Thanks all for your timely suggestions

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.