Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA Issue (I Believe)

1. Back To Top    #1

TA Issue (I Believe)

So I'm a little confused about the pool calculator. It seems to only tell me how to increase TA and not decrease it. Here are all my numbers:

FC 4.25
    PH 7.5
    TA 110 to 120
    CH 170
    CYA 30
    Salt 3800ppm

Any help would be appreciated.
    23,200 gallon in ground pool, Vinyl Liner, Salt Water, Variable Speed Pump Intelliflow 3hp/1.32SF/3.96 SFHP, Filter Pentair FNS PLus DE FNSP36, Heater Pentair Mastertemp 250, SWG Jandy APURE35PLG, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TA Issue (I Believe)

Why do you want to decrease it? 120 is fine. You're in no imminent danger of scaling. If you just keep maintaining the pH when it rises, it will go down soon enough.

As it says in the How to Lower Total Alkalinity Article in Pool School
    You shouldn't lower TA just to reach a target number.
    So what is the issue? Is the water cloudy? Why do you want to decrease TA?

Could you also put your location in your signature or profile?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm pretty new so maybe I'm just a little hypersensitive. The water is beautiful so maybe if it's broke don't fix it. I'm in Michigan.
    23,200 gallon in ground pool, Vinyl Liner, Salt Water, Variable Speed Pump Intelliflow 3hp/1.32SF/3.96 SFHP, Filter Pentair FNS PLus DE FNSP36, Heater Pentair Mastertemp 250, SWG Jandy APURE35PLG, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Yeah, I'm with 320.....leave it alone until you have some pH issues which will likely be never. You can read the article in Pool School so you'll know how if you ever have the need.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School