Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much does your free chlorine typically move down?

1. Back To Top    #1

How much does your free chlorine typically move down?

Once you're all stabilized, how much does your FC typically move down on a daily basis? If my target level is between 3-7ppm and my CYA is at 35...how often do you think I would end up having to add chlorine? I just want to make sure I'm at the expected rate of FC decreasing.
    ~21,000 gal, IG Vinyl w/Liner, Hayward Pro-Grid DE2420 DE filter, Built: ~2002, manual vacuum, K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How much does your free chlorine typically move down?

Mine usually drops between 25% and 30% per day. I add bleach daily.
    10,500 gal inground pool with vinyl liner. sand filter, TF100 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm around the 20 to 30% loss range. Stenner pump puts about 30 ozs of chlorine in a day.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

30 ish or maybe more closer to 40 precent for me. Your FC loss will be based on lots of things.
    #1 is the CYA level..
    How much direct sun do you get. At what time of day do you get it?
    How many leaves, cut grass and other organics get in the pool every day?
    How much do people get in the pool? and How many poeple?

Every pool is different. Thats why teh recommended levels are only recommended. You may need to adjust your targets for the pool environment and how intend to maintain it.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

So follow up question then is how often are you guys going through a jug of bleach (121oz)?
    ~21,000 gal, IG Vinyl w/Liner, Hayward Pro-Grid DE2420 DE filter, Built: ~2002, manual vacuum, K-2006 Test Kit