Wholesale Cost for Pentair IC40

simpsc

Jul 2, 2014
Simpsonville SC
Hi All

I am in the middle of working out a deal with my pool builder to make up for some issues that occurred during the construction of my new pool and part of the resolution I am proposing is for him to sell me an IC40 at his cost. Hopefully, this deal would be beneficial for me and not too painful for him. I see that you can purchase an IC40 online with the cell and power supply for around 850.00 so I am thinking his cost must be lower than this, but I am not sure how much. Does anyone have an idea what the wholesale cost of an IC40 and power supply would be?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I don't know wholesale costs, but I'm guessing the margins are fairly slim for online sales. Plus wholesale prices may vary based on volume. I would be surprised if you could beat that price by very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is about the wholesale cost - maybe $800 on the lowest side.

Some high volume stores or people with some backdoor access on ebay can buy Pentair for less than standard wholesale cost.

I get parts from a large wholesale dist with 12 warehouses that they own all the products. They also drop ship for a lot of online dealers.

So $850 is a fair trade value -- but then again if they install it that takes 30- 1 hr, depending on how the electrical is at the pad.

If the 220V is not at the pad for the power center then it is a lot more hassle.

Thanks all....

That is amazing that local guys wholesale cost is about the same as the online guys retail price. That sure makes it tough on the local guy to compete! Thanks for the replies, I suppose I will just work out some other deal with him.

Thanks all....

That is amazing that local guys wholesale cost is about the same as the online guys retail price. That sure makes it tough on the local guy to compete! Thanks for the replies, I suppose I will just work out some other deal with him.

Just to amplify what's been said, many pool builders have to buy close to the retail price and then, at the end of year, a company like Pentair will see how much product the builder moved and then give them a kick-back on the total. I believe this is the more common approach to discounting as it locks the builder into a single supplier since their pay back is based more on the total number of units sold and not on a specific product by product discount.

It also lets the builder say to you with a straight face, "Hey, I have to buy this at retail and I don't make money off it..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.