Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need Advice, Newbie Here!

1. Back To Top    #1

Need Advice, Newbie Here!

I need some assistance balancing my pool water. Our new pool was plastered on 5/22 and the SWG turned on about 12 days ago. I am testing with my TF-100 test kit and need to bring some levels into balance. I have read pool school several times but would appreciate some insight to assist me on focusing and prioritizing tasks.

Here are my readings:

Water Color: Crystal Clear
    pH: 8.2
    FC: 6.5
    CC: 0
    TC: 6.5
    CH: 375
    TA: 140
    CYA: 60

Salt: 3100/PPM

I need to get the pH lowered and the FC lowered to start - whats the best way to accomplish this?

Thank in advance!
    27,675 GAL IG Gunite pool, Jandy 2HP E Plus Pump, Nature 2 Fusion Soft salt water and mineral sanitizing system , Jandy CL460 Filter
    41 x 21', 740 sq/ft w/ 2 LED Jandy Water Colors Large, 18" Raised 8' Perimeter Spa with LED Jandy Water Colors Small, Jandy LRZ 400K BTU Heater
    Polaris 280 Clearner. 2080 SQ/FT Techo Bloc Blu 60 Decking with 424 face/ft Techo-bloc Mini Creta retaining walls with lighting.

NEXT Purchase: TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Need Advice, Newbie Here!

pH gets lowered with Muriatic Acid. tells you what chemicals do what and how to add them. The FC is not dangerously high. You lower it by turning down the percentage on the SWG or reducing the filter time.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!