Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Cartridge Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Cartridge Filter

I don't mind cleaning this filter but putting it back together without leaks is a problem. Any tricks to keep from dripping?
    16 X 32 18,000 gal IG vinyl, Jandy 460 cart filter, Jandy Lite2 250,000 BTU natural gas heater, Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 SWG, Haywood Color Logic Light,
    Blue Pearl robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Cartridge Filter

Last time I did mine, I couldn't the top on flush....I had to have my daughter help me. I pushed down on the top section while she put the ring in place that "locks" it. While I held it, she turned it and it locked, and the drip stopped. I'm not sure what your filter looks like if it's similar to mine...but the top section has to be flush with the bottom before shutting or it will drip.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Last time I did mine, I couldn't the top on flush....I had to have my daughter help me. I pushed down on the top section while she put the ring in place that "locks" it. While I held it, she turned it and it locked, and the drip stopped. I'm not sure what your filter looks like if it's similar to mine...but the top section has to be flush with the bottom before shutting or it will drip.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check on this next time.
    16 X 32 18,000 gal IG vinyl, Jandy 460 cart filter, Jandy Lite2 250,000 BTU natural gas heater, Jandy Aqua Pure 1400 SWG, Haywood Color Logic Light,

4. Back To Top    #4

Like any filter clean, you should remove the tank o-ring, wipe it and wipe the channel on the tank bottom and tank lid. This filter has a tank o-ring that is not round. It has a flat side. Make sure you seat it properly. If it is more than a year old, it may need replaced.
    Authorized IntelliFlo Installer

5. Back To Top    #5

Is that just a Jandy thing? My filter doesn't have an o-ring. If it once did, it's now gone....

Going to check my manual.....!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by repair_guy
    Like any filter clean, you should remove the tank o-ring, wipe it and wipe the channel on the tank bottom and tank lid. This filter has a tank o-ring that is not round. It has a flat side. Make sure you seat it properly. If it is more than a year old, it may need replaced.
    Thanks, will check condition of O ring.

7. Back To Top    #7
    dredk

Get a rubber mallet. After putting filter back together use the mallet to lightly tap the area around where the filter comes together as you are tightening up the handle.