How long will R-0871 titrating reagent last?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
how many seasons (years) will this reagent last stored indoors, climate controlled?

i read somewhere that storing it in my fridge will prolong its life. is this true?

I ask because I bought a 16 oz bottle. obviously that will last me 4 or more seasons, depending how many times I mess up and have to SLAM..... which I hope isnt much..... :p

also, how do you know if it went bad? does it react different or does it change color?

thanks!

R-0871 is unlikely to last more then two years or three years. For long term storage, uniform temperatures are more important than being especially cool. Do not store the bottle that is in active use in the fridge, the frequent temperature changes from going in and out of the fridge can cause it to go bad. It should be a clear colorless liquid. If it turns a dark yellow color, it has gone bad.

R-0871 is unlikely to last more then two years or three years. For long term storage, uniform temperatures are more important than being especially cool. Do not store the bottle that is in active use in the fridge, the frequent temperature changes from going in and out of the fridge can cause it to go bad. It should be a clear colorless liquid. If it turns a dark yellow color, it has gone bad.

thanks Jason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.