Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! 1st day with pool...

1. Back To Top    #1

Help! 1st day with pool...

The pool finished filling (with help from heavy rain) about 4:00 AM this morning, did start up procedure with sand filter and its been running for about 1 hour now, I have 24oz of cya in a sock in front of the skimmer, I added bleach a couple of times while filling and the water is turning green.

I just tested the water:

FC - 3.4
    CC - .2
    pH - 7.4
    TA - 150
    CH - 100
    CYA - was just added

What should I do?
    7600 Gal, 18' Round X 54" AG, In the woods under trees, 1 HP 22" Waterway w/ Micro Media, AquaComfort-750 HP, Taylor K-2006
    Pool Installed 6/2/2014 by Eagle Pool & Spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help! 1st day with pool...

Is it a pretty transparent green? That's Iron in the water. It's quite common for the pool to go green when the first blast of chlorine hits it. It frequently goes away by itself in a day or two. If it doesn't, you'll need metal sequestrant
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

It is a transparent green and I noticed the skimmer sock is turning brown.
    7600 Gal, 18' Round X 54" AG, In the woods under trees, 1 HP 22" Waterway w/ Micro Media, AquaComfort-750 HP, Taylor K-2006
    Pool Installed 6/2/2014 by Eagle Pool & Spa

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Rand K View Post
    It is a transparent green and I noticed the skimmer sock is turning brown.
    That's excellent! Check out the pictures in this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-on-fill-water especially page 2
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!