Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clean Clear Plus 420 to 240 Conversion

1. Back To Top    #1
    Cocoa, Florida

Clean Clear Plus 420 to 240 Conversion

The lid on our clean and clear plus 420 ruptured this past Sunday. After looking at prices for new lids we decided to convert our 420 to a 240. I ordered the new lid, filters, top manifold and bleeder tube.
    Does anyone know if the bleeder tube is glued into the bottom manifold? The old one from the 420 twisted out pretty easy, but, I thought that May have been because it was just loose from being used for 5 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    15000 gallon In Ground Pool / Spa combo, Pebbletec finish, Pentair Easy Touch automation, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair Intellichlor generator, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 425sqft cartridge filter, Solar Heat & Rheem Heat Pump, Pentair Great White pool cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Clean Clear Plus 420 to 240 Conversion

So for ~$80 you gave up half of your filter area. And it was a lot less if you really didn't have to have new cartridges. What's done is done, but I would have gone back with the 420 parts.

I believe that the bleeder tube is an interference fit in the manifold and is not glued.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit