Tools to clean intex ultra Pools?

For my 16x48 ultra frame I just a skimmer net and a vacuum. I see you have installed the Hayward skimmer so you should be all set. I have a regular brush I use sometimes but we have been in it so much this year I haven't needed to use it yet. I just skim the bugs and whatnot of the top and get the larger pieces with the net and when it gets bad enough, about once a week, I vacuum with a standard vacuum I bought at Home Depot

The vacuum that comes with the Intex deluxe kit works very good, provided you have a pump with adequate flow. It works great with my 2650 gph Intex sand filter. It did not have enough suction with my original cartridge pump.

That being said the vacuum set up that comes in their kit is made to hookup to their floating skimmer. Not sure about using it with the Hayward skimmer.

The vacuum that comes with the Intex deluxe kit works very good, provided you have a pump with adequate flow. It works great with my 2650 gph Intex sand filter. It did not have enough suction with my original cartridge pump.

That being said the vacuum set up that comes in their kit is made to hookup to their floating skimmer. Not sure about using it with the Hayward skimmer.
The vacuum also works great with the 1600 gph intex pump. Our Hayward skimmer came with the adapter plate to attach it to the skimmer. The vacuum works better with the skimmer than it does with the factory suction inlet.

Hmmm how do you like your intex 2650? I noticed you can get one for about half price of a Hayward.

I'm very happy with mine.

When I was shopping for filter I also considered the Intex 1600 gph sand filter. No regrets for me going with the 2650. I find it has plenty of flow for circulation and vacuuming without being overkill and without hard plumbing. Also the sand capacity in the 2650 is about double that of the 1600 which makes back washing less frequent. There is very little price difference between the two.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.