Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tools to clean intex ultra Pools?

1. Back To Top    #1

Tools to clean intex ultra Pools?

What tools are safe to use on the vinyl liner? I'm going to get one of my Grandpa's poles and buy a net. Which scrubber for bottom and how to get leaves off? What else is a necessity for these Pools?
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tools to clean intex ultra Pools?

For my 16x48 ultra frame I just a skimmer net and a vacuum. I see you have installed the Hayward skimmer so you should be all set. I have a regular brush I use sometimes but we have been in it so much this year I haven't needed to use it yet. I just skim the bugs and whatnot of the top and get the larger pieces with the net and when it gets bad enough, about once a week, I vacuum with a standard vacuum I bought at Home Depot
    16x48 Intex Ultra Frame/ 1600 gph Pump sand filter SWG combo/ Ultra tools Widemouth Skimmer/ Using BBB method

3. Back To Top    #3

We bought the Intex Deluxe Maintenance kit. It had a pole, leaf rake, brush, vacuum, and vacuum hose for around 40 bucks.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

4. Back To Top    #4

Hows the vacuum work? Sounds like a good deal!
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

The vacuum that comes with the Intex deluxe kit works very good, provided you have a pump with adequate flow. It works great with my 2650 gph Intex sand filter. It did not have enough suction with my original cartridge pump.

That being said the vacuum set up that comes in their kit is made to hookup to their floating skimmer. Not sure about using it with the Hayward skimmer.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hmmm how do you like your intex 2650? I noticed you can get one for about half price of a Hayward.
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by jcp View Post
    The vacuum that comes with the Intex deluxe kit works very good, provided you have a pump with adequate flow. It works great with my 2650 gph Intex sand filter. It did not have enough suction with my original cartridge pump.

That being said the vacuum set up that comes in their kit is made to hookup to their floating skimmer. Not sure about using it with the Hayward skimmer.
    The vacuum also works great with the 1600 gph intex pump. Our Hayward skimmer came with the adapter plate to attach it to the skimmer. The vacuum works better with the skimmer than it does with the factory suction inlet.
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

8. Back To Top    #8

I have the Hayward skimmer and love it!
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by mac.dblues View Post
    The vacuum also works great with the 1600 gph intex pump. Our Hayward skimmer came with the adapter plate to attach it to the skimmer. The vacuum works better with the skimmer than it does with the factory suction inlet.
    This the same filter your running? How long have you had it? You hard plumbed? Any pics of your setup would be great!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002V1...&robot_redir=1
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed01 View Post
    Hmmm how do you like your intex 2650? I noticed you can get one for about half price of a Hayward.
    I'm very happy with mine.

When I was shopping for filter I also considered the Intex 1600 gph sand filter. No regrets for me going with the 2650. I find it has plenty of flow for circulation and vacuuming without being overkill and without hard plumbing. Also the sand capacity in the 2650 is about double that of the 1600 which makes back washing less frequent. There is very little price difference between the two.
    18'X48" Intex Easy Set, 2650 GPH Intex sand filter, Intex SWCG, Intex deluxe skimmer

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed01 View Post
    This the same filter your running? How long have you had it? You hard plumbed? Any pics of your setup would be great!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002V1...&robot_redir=1
    My pool came with the 1600 gph pump and sand filter. Had I bought it seperate, I would have gotten the 2650. Most people on here that have the 2650 are pleased with them. I haven't hard plumbed yet. Maybe next year...

12. Back To Top    #12

As for pictures... I have a thread of our install. Our L.A. (Lower Arkansas) pool install. If you are on a computer, the link is in blue in my signature line.