Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Running the pump while in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Running the pump while in pool

Sometimes when i have more than a handful of people in the pool it can get dirty really fast.
    Can i run the pump (on low) when people are there?
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Running the pump while in pool

yes. You can run it on high also if you want to.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

I run the pump or I dont run the pump...... when its the guys floating around with a glass of single barrel and a fine cigar we RUN the pump.. It gives us a lazy river experience. If it is about dusk and all the grandkids pile in the pool I RUN the pump..(mostly for the skimmer which grabs the suicidal bugs that land in the pool right at dusk....) If it is the middle of the day I dont usually run the pump. In MY pool it doesnt matter.. It is your pool.... what say you???
    17500 Gal Above Ground, 1.5HP Dynamo Pump, 250# Pentair Sand filter with ZeoLite. Diver Dave Cleaner. TFP test kit w/SpeedStir, 7 Grandaughters and 1 Grandson swimming every week WooooHooo!!

4. Back To Top    #4

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

My pump comes on at 10 am and shuts off at 9 pm. After lunch and after dinner is when the kids will be swimming and if there is a single sighting of a bug, they go ballistic, LOL. So, must be skimmed continuously starting before they get in to get the previous night's floaters out.
    Mike

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

We run the pump all the time while in the pool. I havent yet figured out the actual length of run time I need, but I usually turn it on when I leave for work (8am) and it will run sometimes until after dinner (6pm). All the while people will be swimming while it is running.

I try to run it at least for a few hours even on days that we are not going to swim, or it is rainy. What I need to find is a good timer to hook up somehoe so my pump will turn on and off without me!!!
    24' x 54" Oceanic Round AGP, 1090 Hayward Skimmer, EC-40 Filter system, Automatic Chlorinator. Pool will be in Full sun for most of the day (9am-6pm).

6. Back To Top    #6

Great, thank you all.
    Our Build 2016 14.5' x 26' IG Pebble, 14.5K Gal. 3.5' - 6.5' deep, 5 returns, 2 Skimmers, Hayward VS pump, Hayward 525 Cartridge Filter, Hayward E-Command 4, Heliocol Solar, Hayward LED Light, Paramount Ultraviolet, Polaris 280, AquaRite Pro, T-CELL-15, Sense and Dispense (HL-CHEM), Ph Dispense System (AQL-CHEM3) , Taylor K-2006 with SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

I like the pump running but my husband does not. He likes to stay in one spot and that's facing the sun. lol
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter