Couple Quick Questions

May 26, 2014
Las Vegas NV
Hello,

1. When performing the TA test do we stop when the color first turns pink or when it turns fully red?

2. When performing the CYA test we want to keep going until the entire black dot (all visibility, all traces) is no longer visible correct?

3. When lowering TA can I add water, if low, with the nozzle on a fine spray to aerate?

4. I live in Las Vegas with the temp well into the 100's. My CYA is a little under 40. Would it help chlorine consumption if I raise it a bit?

Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance.

1) You add drops until one makes no change, then deduct it. So if at 7 it gets pale pink, at 8 it gets Barbie pink, and 9 makes no change, you don't count the 9th. TA would be 80.
2) You want it gone.
3) Yes. But not a fine spray - you want it blasting so the surface looks like it's boiling.
4) Yes. 50 or 60 CYA would be good for you. But remember the minimum goes up as well, even if the daily loss is lower.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.