Pool of the future???

That's not the pool of the future, it's the pool of the foreclosed house. This coming from people who don't want fluoride in their water doesn't surprise me.

I saw that too... looks like a pond to me. The guy behind it is from the UK, I think. Obviously no mosquitoes, alligators, snapping turtles, etc in the UK.

Looks like a safety hazard... slippery walkways, murky water so you can't see someone drowning.

According to the website literature it is officially a pond according to local codes.

It kills me when people say that you can't see into the water because the liner is dark. You can't see into the water because there is stuff floating in the water. I swam in what we called tanks (ugly ponds) as a kid. I swam in lakes. I have taken my kids floating down the river - because some days you just need to spend a day in an inner-tube! But I wouldn't want that for my every day swimming situation. My rule with my kids (who are now teens) is if I can't see the bottom you go in a ski vest. They would hate putting on a ski vest to go play in their own back yard.

Edited to add: I can't keep the snakes out of my pool now - I can only imagine what it would be like if I had that situation! Ugh! But I guess snakes must not be a problem in England.

These are natural pools and if I had a big enough property I would have one in a heartbeat! BUT in saying that I live in Australia and we have large populations of snakes! Very venomous ones! So until I move to Ireland I will stick with chemicals!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.