Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool of the future???

1. Back To Top    #1
    Chrisman, Illinois (East Central Illinois)

Pool of the future???

I just saw this on Facebook. This is no pool, It is a pond. The water is not clear or blue. It is full of sediment, amphibians and insects. Eeewwww

http://blog.petflow.com/this-is-what...uture-wow/?f=1
    27' round Seaspray Evolution, AG, 17,100 gallons, Pump: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Dual Speed 1.5 hp, Filter: Hayward Pro Series High Rate Sand Filter, June 18, 2014, Kreepy Krauley Lil Shark, TF-100 test kit, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool of the future???

Drinking water quality? I don't think so. I'll keep my little Intex, thank you!
    15'x48" 4500 gallon Intex pool, buried 1.5 ft. Pac-Fab Dynamo 3/4 hp pump. Hayward S180T sand filter, bought used. Taylor K-2006 test kit. Rocket mass heater based wood fired pool heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

That's not the pool of the future, it's the pool of the foreclosed house. This coming from people who don't want fluoride in their water doesn't surprise me.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

It looks more like the pool of the past.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

A literal swamp, lol.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

6. Back To Top    #6

I like the fact that it uses "natural clear water". I hate that dehydrated synthetic water that comes in a bag.
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

I saw that too... looks like a pond to me. The guy behind it is from the UK, I think. Obviously no mosquitoes, alligators, snapping turtles, etc in the UK.

Looks like a safety hazard... slippery walkways, murky water so you can't see someone drowning.

According to the website literature it is officially a pond according to local codes.
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

8. Back To Top    #8

It kills me when people say that you can't see into the water because the liner is dark. You can't see into the water because there is stuff floating in the water. I swam in what we called tanks (ugly ponds) as a kid. I swam in lakes. I have taken my kids floating down the river - because some days you just need to spend a day in an inner-tube! But I wouldn't want that for my every day swimming situation. My rule with my kids (who are now teens) is if I can't see the bottom you go in a ski vest. They would hate putting on a ski vest to go play in their own back yard.

Edited to add: I can't keep the snakes out of my pool now - I can only imagine what it would be like if I had that situation! Ugh! But I guess snakes must not be a problem in England.
    ~18,000 gallon
    DE filter/chlorine
    IG Grey Plaster
    25 year old pool w a facelift in 2014

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

These are natural pools and if I had a big enough property I would have one in a heartbeat! BUT in saying that I live in Australia and we have large populations of snakes! Very venomous ones! So until I move to Ireland I will stick with chemicals!

Intex Rectangle 18 x 9 x 52', 4544 gallon (18000 litres), 0.75 hp pool pump, 100 sqft Zodiac Titan Cartridge Filter - 40mm, Stenner Peristaltic Pump chlorine injection system, Intex Over The Wall Skimmer, Intex Fittings with 40mm plumbing Lil Patch Of Heaven. Build/Construction http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...lice-of-heaven

10. Back To Top    #10

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Australia has all 10 of the 10 most venomous snakes in the world... And dropbears too...

11. Back To Top    #11

I had one of those in my yard that included frogs, koi and a snake....it was called a pond!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

12. Back To Top    #12

I'll stick to my cement pond.

Thanks, anyway.
    15x30 IGP; 20,000 gallons; plaster
    Hayward SP2607X10 Pump; Purex Triton Tagelus Sand Filter
    Hayward Goldline T-Cell 15 SWG; Aquarite G1 Control
    Southwest Spas 400 gallon hot tub w/ozone
    TF 100 with speed stir

13. Back To Top    #13

And he's got kids swimming in their underwear. Fecal contamination anybody?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!