Beware of BBQTEK

MikeInTN

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Just a heads up to anyone out yonder who's had the misfortune to purchase a BBQ Grillware grill from Lowe's and who needs replacement parts. The customer service # in the manual will take you to a business named BBQTEK, where you supposedly can order replacement parts for the grill. I've been waiting two months now for parts, and the customer rep I spoke with today told me that the parts that I paid for and that were supposed to ship on June 25th are now "back on backorder, and will be another 2-3 weeks before they ship". I'm calling them back here in a bit, and someone's day is not going to end well after speaking with me.

Bottom line - BBQTEK has the worst customer service I've ever experienced, period. Looks like I'll be scrapping my grill this fall, and buying another - and it sure won't be a BBQ Grillware.

Sorry to hear that..hopefully you'll get the parts soon. It's so frustrating. I could top your story, though. Pottery Barn. Don't listen to them when they give you a back order date. It'll change 10 times!

I don't have a lot of knowledge of grills out there, but ours is a 4 burner Turbo STS from BBQ Galore. I've been happy with it so far.

That stinks! Hopefully you will get the parts soon. Check out Walmart. I was there today and they were marking all the summer stuff down, including grills. They were making room and getting ready to put out Christmas stuff! :shock:

Must be on the same boat from China as the Chargriller stuff I've been looking at. The availability date has shifted three times and is not at the end of August. Happens a lot with my other hobby (model trains) The stuff comes from China and has to get through customs etc etc etc and backorder dates can changed often.

lulupalooza said:
That stinks! Hopefully you will get the parts soon. Check out Walmart. I was there today and they were marking all the summer stuff down, including grills. They were making room and getting ready to put out Christmas stuff! :shock:

I know...went to Hobby Lobby the other day, and they were setting up their Christmas stuff as well. It's going to get where they just leave it up all year long.

I was going to buy me a new grill back in June, before I ordered the parts that I did. Academy Sports had one on sale that was fantastic! I get there at 10:10am (they open at 10am on Sunday), and they had already sold out. Turns out they only had 4 shipped to them. Advertise it in the Sunday paper, and then only have 4 to sell.... :roll:

I think I'll go by Sam's this weekend. I'm wanting a grill that has stainless steel burners and grates, and Sam's had a nice one. We'll see if they've come down any on the price.

Vegasmom said:
Sorry to hear that..hopefully you'll get the parts soon. It's so frustrating. I could top your story, though. Pottery Barn. Don't listen to them when they give you a back order date. It'll change 10 times!

I don't have a lot of knowledge of grills out there, but ours is a 4 burner Turbo STS from BBQ Galore. I've been happy with it so far.

Thanks for the empathy.. :) I've heard good things about BBQ Galore. Your pool and grill look fabulous, btw.. :goodjob:

Mike -

Good luck on your new grill search. I have all Weber. One of the things that I like the most about them is their customer service. I have a gas grill from them that I had owned for about 7 years when it developed a hole in the side of the lower bucket. I called to inquire about buying a replacement part and was informed that the part had a lifetime warranty and they sent me a new one free of charge. I am sure that there are other brands out there that may be similar but I can only relate my experiences.

The Turbo line from BBQG in my opinion, are among the best made. That said, BBQG is facing Chapter 11 which was delayed because they were so broke they could not afford the filing. All their shippers are refusing to make deliveries because they have not been paid. That said, if they get good top level management when they undergo re-structuring, it may be a great company again.

They dumped a Forum that was making them a lot of money. There was a lot of folks on it that used the BBQG products and stood up for them. We had the best DIY BBQ island Forum in the world and the idiots at the top dumped it.

That said, I still think the Turbo line, if you can get one, is the best BBQ out there. Stay with the STS series as it is stainless and should last a long time if properly cared for.

I heard they got a huge influx of money so hopefully they will get their act together and become #1 worldwide again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.